Wednesday, September 10, 2014

30 Day Reflection: Odds and Ends

This is the 10th day in a 30 day challenge from Teach Thought.

Day 10:
Share five random facts about yourself.
Share four things from your bucket list.
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a "person" or an educator.
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
            


5 I have five brothers. No sisters.
4 I incorporate zebra-themed art into my home whenever possible.
3 My clown name is Star.
2 I own two fluffy, squeaky guinea pigs.
1 I am a sometime quilter.


4 I want to visit Italy and Scotland.
3 I want to ride in a helicopter.
2 I want to write a book.
1 I want to be an extra in a film.


3 I hope to help my students develop a growth mindset (Carol Dweck's work).
2 I hope to celebrate more and worry less about my students.
1 I hope to notice the small moments that make teaching worthwhile.


2 I laughed when two students almost came to blows over which monster 
   Beowulf was stronger: Grendel or Grendel's mother.
1 I've cried when one of my students died during my first year of teaching.


1 Just because I am easy-going doesn't mean I am a pushover.


No comments:

Post a Comment