Saturday, September 27, 2014

30 Day Reflection: No Manic Mondays

This is the 27th day in a 30 day challenge from Teach Thought.

Day 27:What role do weekends and holidays play in your teaching?

For some reason when I read this question the Bangles song "Manic Monday" started rolling through my head. That is the role weekends and holidays play in my teaching. They help me avoid manic Mondays.

I use weekends and holidays primarily for catching up on grading and planning. If I am lucky, I can get ahead for the week and my Monday morning isn't so stressful. Sometimes, I attend a conference.  Often, I spend time updating my blog and class webpage. Other times, I have a chance to get to the paperwork that has piled on my desk for the week.

I also use the weekend to catch up on reading blogs, my Twitter feed, and Ed articles my teacher friends have recommended.

I am sure the way I spend my weekend isn't so different from other teachers, but I thought I would share my favorite graphic for what teachers do on weekends. 
It was originally posted by We Are Teachers.

What Do Teachers Do On Weekends? Mystery Solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment