Saturday, July 12, 2014

No More Teacher Paralysis

Sadly, it has been six months since I have updated my blog. I suppose I could list a lot of valid reasons (or excuses) for my silence, but I won't. The truth, dear reader, is I lapsed back into "I'm just a teacher" mode. You know the mode I am talking about. It's the mode where teachers think they don't have anything to offer beyond the classroom. The mode where we tell ourselves that no one really thinks what we have to say is interesting, relevant, or worthy.  It's the mode that sometimes causes teachers to shutdown.

Yep. I fell prey to the doubt all teachers have. 

Thankfully, I have a few supporters who have hounded (okay, gently nudged) me to get back to blogging. They have offered to read my blog or listen to me pitch ideas. Everyone needs those people in their life. I am blessed to have them.  They are like-minded teachers, educators, and friends. I know they are a safe place. I can think out loud, dream, and, yes, even vent with them.

The truth is that we all have times of self-doubt. Self-doubt isn't really the problem. It's the paralysis that self-doubt causes. That's the problem. When we teachers are paralyzed and don't speak up or act, then decisions are made for us. This realization and self-reflection has helped me get my blogging legs back under me.

I want to be a part of the conversation. One way to do that is to reflect on my teaching and learning through this blog.

I don't want to be paralyzed anymore. 












No comments:

Post a Comment